Current Opportunities at CCD
The Center for Child Development’s (CCD) mission is to provide the highest quality mental health services to those in need, to expand awareness and access to mental health resources in the state of Delaware, and to support and equip Delaware’s schools with the resources they need to provide for the mental health needs of Delaware students. In addition, CCD is committed to empowering our wider community, including individuals and families, by providing a wide range of therapeutic and support services utilizing the latest treatment modalities. At our foundation, CCD supports the emotional, physical, and mental well-being of those in need and encourages everyone to reach for their best self and their fullest potential.
CCD is seeking well-qualified licensed and pre-licensed mental health clinicians to provide both office and school-based mental health counseling services. Clinician must have experience working with children and adults. Experience in the Delaware school system is preferred. Clinician must possess strong clinical skills, knowledge about the most evidenced-based treatment practices, a high level of independence, the ability to market mental health services in schools, and provide trainings to school staff. This position is currently operating virtually until schools resume in-person learning.
CCD has Per Diem and Part-Time positions available with growth potential to full-time. Hourly rates start at $30.00. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. CCD offers the following benefits to full-time salaried therapists: PTO, Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% match based on salary, a monthly benefit contribution, Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, and AFLAC benefits. CCD is dedicated to the growth of clinicians and requires clinical supervision for all staff and provides monthly training requirements as well as in-house/off-site trainings.
Location: We are currently looking for part time and per diem therapists to provide services for clients in northern/central Delaware.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited university in the field of Social Work, Clinical or Counseling Psychology, or related field
- Degree must lead to licensure (LCSW, LPCMH, LMFT)
- Provide psychotherapy to children, teens, and adults diagnosed with a variety of mental health disorders
- Conduct individual, family, couples, and/or group therapy
- Part-time clinicians must maintain a caseload of 10 weekly clients; Per diem work is as-needed.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports
- Intakes and progress notes are due within 24 hours of the appointment
- Implement treatment plans as well as utilize assessments and evidenced-based therapeutic interventions
- Commute to various schools (as assigned) in need of mental health services
- Must be available during normal school hours
- Average clinician is assigned to 3-5 schools
- Evening availability is required 1-2 nights a week
- Maintain contact (via phone, email, or in-person) with school staff and families
- Conduct trainings as requested by school staff
- Provide IOP services as needed
- Participate in weekly individual and/or group supervision (applicable to both licensed and pre-licensed clinicians)
- Complete two hours of professional development training per month (per diem excluded)
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Display strong time-management skills
Types: Part-time, per diem
Pay: $30-40.00 per hour
- Simple IRA + 3% Match (Salaried positions only)
- Paid time off (Salaried positions only)
- Medical/Dental/Vision (Salaried positions only)
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
Schedule: Flexible | Monday to Friday
- PPE will be provided to those returning to in-school services.
- 2 years relevant experience preferred