We’re excited to announce that registration is open for the online workshop:
Toxic Stress and Children
July 29th @ 7pm est online
Who should participate:
(Please note certificates of attendance will be issued for professionals who desire continuing education credits)
Mental health professionals
Day care providers
- Understand the differences between tolerable stress and toxic stress
- How parents can lessen the impact of toxic stress in themselves and their children.
- Learn how toxic stress affects the developing brain, genetics and future generations
- Increase your ability to accurately assess children who have endured toxic stress.
- Understand the clinical applications for working with children who have endured toxic stress
- Learn techniques for improving your effectiveness with families who have toxic stress
Rebecca Roebke, LCSW
Rebecca has 15 years experience working with children and families. She completed her master’s at The University of Pennsylvania and during her studies there, began a focus on child welfare. In 2005, she worked as a DFS investigator and following that position, screened children in foster care throughout the state of Delaware for mental health needs. Through those experiences, she dealt first hand with toxic stress in children and its effects on child development. Rebecca has been a child and adolescent therapist since 2009, working mostly with toxic stress, PTSD, depression, anxiety, and teaching emotional literacy to children. She provides therapy to children in schools within communities where children are dealing with high levels of toxic stress including witnessing daily neighborhood violence. She focuses on teaching emotional literacy to assist children in developing positive coping skills. In 2011, she was trained in Parent Child Interactive Therapy. She also works as the mental health consultant for New Castle County Head Start. Rebecca has given multiple trainings and presentations regarding toxic stress and fostering emotional literacy in children to teachers and parents.
Click here to access the online registration form